Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Betty Crocker

This will be a random post.... I actually have started one with more of a journal type theme but this one is simply to brag on myself!

Scarlett LOVES bananas. And every time we hit the grocery store I try to avoid that particular fruit section. But Broulims, being very smart, has strategically placed displays of bananas throughout the store and we always end up with a bunch in our cart :/

So today, while cleaning up, I notice 4 very brown bananas ready for the trash. All of a sudden, though never before with all the others, it occurred to me that you can make banana bread with nasty bananas!!!
I am a terrible cook and reason that's why I never thought of it before but tried it today. While mixing up the ingredients I started to panic because it looked like too much for the pan. But I dumped it in, threw it in the oven, and one hour and a dirty oven pan later (from an overflowing banana bread pan) this beauty was born!!!


Now for the real test- I cut Aaron a piece. Hands on knees and 1 inch from his face I watched him take a bite. I was rewarded with a long "hmmmmmmm". So after a few heel clicks, air punches and a brief consideration of waking Scarlett to inform her to no longer call me mommy but Betty Crocker- I ate some myself!
Not as good as that Betsy Brannon Greens recipe but it was pretty delicious.

Go ME!!!

1 comment: