Thursday, August 9, 2012

Crafts

So I found this little treasure at the thrift store for $2. I liked that is was made of a good wood and the little flower on the front was cute so I thought that it might turn out cute in Scarlett's room if I fixed it up a bit.
 

It had this unattractive mauve-ish color velvet on the inside.
Pay no attention to the covered bottom .... I had already started :)


After a coat of primer I painted it this pretty mint color that I have been trying to incorporate into Scarlett's mostly pink and white bedroom and bathroom.


I covered the inside with scrapbook paper in a mint/turquoise flower print. I used this same pattern in her bathroom on a different craft so I thought adding it to her room would help tie them together ?? :)


Here it is finished on her dresser. I am hoping to cover that empty space above her dresser with a really pretty ornate mirror that I think I will (try to) antique-ishly paint mint and white. That is as soon as a find that perfect mirror!! I have been scouring the thrift store and craigslist but have had no luck so far.


I also found this little doll chair at the thrift store for $1. I painted it in the same mint color and added a different flower print that I also used in the bathroom. I think it turned out pretty cute...


I think Scarlett does too because she has really been making all my hard work worthwhile.
(side note: her baby has no clothes on because she has been into Toy Story 3 lately and "big baby" doesn't wear any clothes so she decided her baby wouldn't either.... haha!! Lets just hope she doesn't think to cover her in pen ink too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment